Most of the Victoria’s Secret models absolutely love training legs and butt! I have put together a montage of the leg / butt exercises the models have been doing for the past few months to get in shape for the show. You can watch the video below – I promise it will motivate you to go and workout!
HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN CIRCUIT
- The models do lighter weight / higher rep so keep your repetitions high or do them for time.
- A lot of the models also use ankle weights, gliding discs and a resistance band for their workouts.
- Choose 6 lower body exercises (either from my list below, or the video of the models above)
- Do them for 12-15 reps or 45-60 seconds with minimal rest.
I have created a workout video of me doing the exercises listed below.
WATCH THE VICTORIA’S SECRET LEG WORKOUT VIDEO
SQUATS / LUNGES
1. STEPPING LUNGES (not alternating) holding a light weight2. ALTERNATING STEPPING LUNGES (forward or back)3. LUNGE PULSES holding a light weight in front of you4. SQUAT PULSES (don’t go all the way down) holding a weight
DONKEY KICKS (ankle weights optional)
1. MODIFIED DONKEY KICK (completely extend leg)2. REGULAR SMALL DONKEY KICKS 3. STRAIGHT LEG DONKEY KICKS
4. DIAGONAL STRAIGHT LEG DONKEY KICKS – alternating direction
LYING EXERCISES (ankle weights optional)
1. SIDE LEG LIFTS
2. SMALL CIRCLES
3. LYING ON YOUR SIDE BRING KNEE IN AND KICK YOUR LEG OUT (leg completely extended)
4. HIP BRIDGES ONTO TOES – at top lift one leg out, then back down, then lower body to the floor
STANDING EXERCISES (ankle weights optional)
1. DIAGONAL TAP KNEE
2. SIDE LEG LIFTS
3. STANDING DONKEY KICKS
Note: if you don’t have ankle weights, you can just do the exercises without them.
1. STANDING UP WITH ONE FOOT ON A SLIDER, MOVE THE SLIDER AROUND IN A BIG CIRCLE (slightly bend your supporting leg)
2. BRING SLIDER FOOT TO SIDE AND BACK IN (slightly bend your supporting leg)
3. BRING SLIDER FOOT BEHIND YOU AND THAT BRING IT BACK
Note: if you don’t have sliders, you can use paper plates or small towels/washers.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR BODY TYPE?
Most of the Victoria’s Secret models are ectomorphs, meaning that they are naturally thin and will not bulk up easily.
Your body type might be different so it’s good to keep that in mind. If you don’t want to build up too much bulky muscle in your legs, then it might be better to stick to the lighter style of workouts, rather than some of the heavy style exercises and squats / lunges.
If you don’t know your body type, check out my Free Body Type Quiz to get tips on how should you work out and eat to get the best results!
I should also mention my 3 Steps to Lean Legs Program which is designed to help you get gorgeous lean legs without the bulkiness :)
If you need help with creating a workout plan, or you don’t know where to start with resistance training, or you tend to get bulky when you lift weights, then my program is perfect for you!
It includes a full workout and nutrition program which will help you get a lean and toned body, and get rid of your skinny fat body forever.
And because all of us are different, I have created separate programs for each of the 3 main body types.
Hope you like it!
Love Rachael xx