Array

Where does fat actually go when you lose it? How does that work? I actually didn’t know the answer and was wondering about this topic, so I decided to look it up and write a blog post on it! This is what I found.

A study in the British Medical Journal found that a lot of doctors, dieticians and personal trainers didn’t even know the answer, so now I don’t feel so bad! Most people thought it was converted to heat or energy, which isn’t true.

What actually happens? Turns out that 80% of fat leaves your body through your lunges – so you’re actually removing the fat through carbon dioxide (via your breath). The other 20% is released through water in the form of sweat, urine, tears and other bodily fluids.

Interesting!

For more info on my workout and nutrition program, click here xx

Rachael is an Australian born certified personal trainer and nutritionist who holds a Bachelor degree in Science.

After struggling for years to find an exercise and diet program that is tailored to women striving for lean and toned body with no bulk she designed her Lean Legs Program. This program is tailored to each body type and focused on helping women get toned but feminine bodies, without getting bulky.

Her mission is to empower women and help them stay in shape in a healthy and balanced way.

2 Responses

  1. Hey Rachael!

    I wanna start using ankle weights, but apart from using them for walking lunges, what other excercises I could use them for? And also, what excercises work out your calves?

    Thanks!

    1. Hi Susette, there are so many exercises! You can use them for pretty much every exercise you would usually, but my favourites are donkey kicks and all the different variations, leg lifts, etc. I also love using them as hand weights for boxing. I have 2 ankle weight workout videos on my youtube here and here xx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.