I don’t know what it is about models, specifically the Victoria’s Secret Angels. But some people assume they’re just relying on their genetically blessed good looks to skate by.
These women put their hearts and souls into their careers and they do it with some serious business skill that—if you’re watching closely—shows just how brilliant they are.
Barbara Palvin is one of them. She’s
Barbara eats in a way that makes her body feel good. In general, she follows the 80/20 diet which means she eats healthy 80 percent of the time and splurges the remaining 20 percent.
She typically saves her splurges for nights out with friends or date nights with her boyfriend, Dylan Sprouse. But typically, both she and Dylan try to cook at home, taking turns in the kitchen whipping up healthy protein-rich foods.
Barbara always starts her day with coffee. She tries to wake up pretty early each day, but she’s not always full of energy and relies on the caffeine to jumpstart her day. Typically, this means having one or two cups with her breakfast.
Most mornings, breakfast includes overnight oats or granola. Both options are full of fiber and have at least a little protein
The best part about these dishes is how easy they are to make. For overnight oats, soak rolled oats in your favorite type of milk for at least 8 hours—this can be dairy milk or a non-dairy alternative. I like using almond or cashew milk. In the morning, top the oats with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey for sweetness. You can make them more protein-rich by adding a sprinkle of your favorite type of nuts or adding protein powder.
For granola, try this homemade granola recipe.
For lunch, Barbara tries to focus on upping her vegetable intake. She often enjoys
Though poultry dishes are her normal go-to, she’s also happy to have fish instead. It all depends on what she has in the kitchen and what she feels like that day.
Dinners are typically light for Barabra unless she’s having a cheat day. She’s from Hungary and she like making traditional Hungarian food like goulash.
She uses her workout routines to make up for the extra carbs and actively tries to eat at home whenever possible.
But sometimes, she’ll go out for burgers and drinks with friends or skip dinner entirely and go right for the ice cream.
Barbara doesn’t avoid many foods. She just indulges in them in moderation. Since she builds her diet on what makes her feel good, this means paying attention to what her cravings are and deciding if the time is right to indulge in them.
Barbara doesn’t seem to snack much. Instead, she eats meals that fill her up throughout the day. But she does like to have a protein shake after her workouts.
This helps her muscles recover and gives her energy for until it’s lunch time.
Let’s be honest. You don’t get to be a Victoria’s Secret Angel if you’re not willing to put in the work. And Barbara definitely does.
Her workout is definitely more intense than her diet. And she takes the time to get a workout in every single day, even on her day off.
But that’s because she’s been doing this for a long time. Working out every day isn’t for everyone.
Barbara currently lives in New York with her boyfriend and this allows her to head to the Dogpound gym every day. She doesn’t like to exercise on her own as she’s afraid to push herself too hard too quickly.
But that doesn’t mean she hits up group fitness classes. Believe it or not, this model who seems so confident on stage is relatively shy. The idea of working out in front of others isn’t too appealing.
So, she works out with her personal trainer and founder of Dogpound, Kirk Myers.
Most of these workouts focus on high-intensity interval training exercises. This helps Barbara get plenty of cardio in while also helping her work out each muscle group during the session—that’s right. It’s a full-body HIIT workout that engages her core the ENTIRE time!
Here are a few of her favorite exercises:
Leading up to big fashion shows, like the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, she doubles her efforts. She’ll head to the gym and work out 10 times a week until she feels she’s ready for the show.
Surprisingly, Barbara wasn’t always a big gym fan. In fact, when she was first starting out with her fitness journey, she used YouTube videos and worked out at home.
See? It’s just proof that ANYONE can do it. You just have to have a little motivation and commit to exercising each week.
Barbara loves doing Pilates. It helps her stay super limber and encourages her muscles to get lean and toned by using her own bodyweight instead of relying on heavy free weights.
She tries to squeeze Pilates sessions in at least three to four days a week. Most of her sessions last for about two hours and use both the Pilates reformer and mat work.
The mat exercises allow her to maintain her fitness even when she’s working and traveling.
That’s what I call dedication!
Thanks for reading and if you have any blog post requests, let me know in the comments section ;)
Love Rachael xx