Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. It kick starts your metabolism, gives you more energy for the day and prevents you from snacking on junk food at morning tea.
Make sure you’re eating a big and healthy breakfast. Here are some of my favourite healthy breakfast ideas that I eat on a regular basis.
My favourite healthy breakfast, hands down. I am a creature of habit and have this meal almost every day from Monday to Friday. If I haven’t had it for a few days, I actually crave it!
How to make it
- Soak 1/3 cup of rolled oats overnight in a little bit of unsweetened almond milk. You don’t want too much otherwise they’ll be too wet and soggy. But you don’t want too little otherwise they won’t go soft. Just enough so that they are a bit wet.
- Add Â½ cup of frozen blueberries.
- Leave overnight in fridge.
- In the morning, add 1 scoop of whey protein, 125g of yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of honey (if you need it).
- Mix it all up and eat it!
Notes: I use Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk, Black Swann dairy free yoghurt and Shape Health whey protein.
I know it doesn’t look appetising, but it is good – trust me!
I love having these as a post workout treat on the weekends. Here’s one of my favourite recipes:
- Combine 1 mashed banana, 1/3 cup oat flour, 1 scoop protein and 2 tablespoons of cacao powder in a bowl.
- Mix well with a hand held blender.
- Add almond milk one tablespoon at a time until it is a thick batter.
- Cook pancakes over a medium heat, flipping once.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and chocolate sauce. My chocolate sauce was made from 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup and 1 tablespoon cacao powder.
- Makes 3 medium sized pancakes (1 serve).
Eggs and avocado on toast
So easy and so good. Whenever I go out for breakfast on the weekends, I’ll usually get this. If I make it at home I’ll usually have one wholemeal muffin with 2/5 medium avocado and 2 poached eggs.
Another one of my weekend post-workout treats. There are so many varieties but I usually keep mine pretty simple.
- Mix 1 frozen banana, Â½ cup frozen berries, 1 cup coconut water and 1 scoop whey protein in a high speed blender.
- Top with muesli (optional) and eat!
- Makes 1 serve
To find out more about how to eat healthy, check out my clean eating guidelines and my daily diet! xx