fbpx
free lean legs workout

Lean Legs Workout Day 1 is the type of lighter resistance training that I recommend to get toned without getting bulky.

These are the type of exercises in my 3 Steps to Lean Legs Program. The program has 3 of these workouts per week, so I have posted 3 of these circuits for you to try. You can find the other workouts here and here.

They might look easy, but you definitely feel them and they get results. I know this style of exercise is not for everyone, but if a lean and toned look is what you are after, then these are perfect :)

I would also suggest you to find out what is your body type. There are 3 different body types and they all lose weight and build muscle differently.

I have created a special Body Type Quiz which will help you learn your body type in just 2 minutes. And it’s completely free! :)

HOW TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT

• Complete each exercise in circuit 1 three times (so you do exercises 1, 2 and 3 straight after each other – not exercise 1 three times).
  • Once you have completed the 3 exercises, rest for 30 seconds.
  • You should do 3 rounds in total.
  • Complete circuit 2 in the exact same way.

WATCH THE LEAN LEGS DAY 1 WORKOUT VIDEO

HOW TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT

Complete each exercise in circuit 1 three times (so you do exercises 1, 2 and 3 straight after each other – not exercise 1 three times). Once you have completed the 3 exercises, rest for 30 seconds. You should do 3 rounds in total.

Complete circuit 2 in the exact same way.

THE EXERCISES

CIRCUIT 1

1. SINGLE LEG SKATERS

For this one, you’ll need a gliding disc. If you don’t have a gliding disc, you can use a small towel or a paper plate. I’ll put a link below to the gliding discs that I use.

This exercise will give you beautiful, lean and toned legs without bulking. Your legs will be stronger but still feminine. And it will help you build stability and coordination.

lean legs workout day 1

Do 45 seconds on each leg.

2. YOGA PUSH UP

free lean legs workout day 1

This exercise combines the benefits of yoga with the amazing upper body and core benefits of push-ups. You’ll work on your upper body and inner core muscles, and lengthen and stretch through your upper and lower body.

3. LYING LEG RAISES

lean legs workout day 1

This exercise will help you slim down your legs without making your thighs bulky. And it’s a great workout for your core and abs. I used ankle weights to make it a bit more challenging – I’ll also put a link to these below.

CIRCUIT 2

1. STRAIGHT LEG DONKEY RAISES

Dokey kicks are great for building your booty without growing your thighs. Do  4 regular, 4 to the left and 4 to the right.

lean legs workout day 1

Do 45 seconds on each leg. Use ankle weights to make it a bit more challenging.

2. PUNCHES

Boxing is great for toning your arms without making them bulky. Victoria Secret models also love boxing.

lean legs workout day 1

Do 10 straight and 10 high punches. Again use ankle weights for extra resistance.

3. ROLL UPS

This is a fantastic core and abdominal strengthening workout. It will also work your legs without making them too muscular.

Use yoga mat for comfort.

lean legs workout day 1

This is the type of resistance training that is in my 3 Steps to Lean Legs Program. It will help you get toned without adding bulk. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask below! xx

If you are interested in buying ankle weights and gliding discs, I use these ones: ankle weights and gliding discs.

130 comments on “Free Lean Legs Workout (eBook) – Day 1”

• Xiang says:

Hi Rachael! I was wondering if you do any type of warmup before the resistance training or do you just jump straight into the circuits?

In case you do warmup workouts, what type would be best to prevent bulking? I feel like most involve a lot of jumping which can result in muscle growth in the legs.

• Diana - Lean Legs Support says:

Hi lovely,
      Yes, it’s important to do the warmup before each exercise.

I would love to help you as much as I can :) That’s why we have created the Lean Legs program and Lean Legs Training club.

You can find out more about the Lean Legs Program here:

There’s a video about how to do warmups in the ebook!

Love,
      Diana
      xx

• Isabelle says:

Hey! I’m a dancer currently regaining strength from injury but my legs have gone the slimmest they’ve ever been from doing no exercise. Im an endomorph and I feel like whatever exercises I do they so I’m not sure where to go from here! (Also is the book available to buy in the Uk) xx

• Diana - Lean Legs Support says:

Hi lovely,
      We would love to help you as much as we can :) that’s why we have created the Lean Legs program and Lean Legs Training Club.

You can find out more about the Lean Legs program here:

Love, Lean Legs Club support xx

• Diana - Lean Legs Support says:

Hi lovely,

The program in the eBook is an 8 week workout and nutrition plan designed to help you get lean and toned without bulking. It will help you slim down your legs, but will also help you slim and tone your upper body and core too (the workouts are full body). It also includes a full meal plan, a separate recipe eBook and demonstration videos. You can get the program from any country in the world using any currency :) xx

You can find out more about the Lean Legs program here:

Love, Lean Legs Club support

• Miranda says:

How do I do a yoga pushup?

• Diana - Lean Legs Support says:

Hi lovely,
      Check out this video that demonstrates how to properly do yoga pushups :)

Love, Lean Legs Club support
      xx

• Miranda says:

Hi, how many weeks does it take to do these circuits and notice changes in your legs?

• Diana - Lean Legs Support says:

Hi lovely,
      Depending on how much weight or muscle you want to lose it takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. Some girls see results after only 2 weeks while the others notice a difference only after week 6 :)

Love, Lean Legs Club support
      xx

• Essie says:

Hi Rachel,

I’m so glad I found your blog. However, I don’t know how and where to start… my wedding is in 4 months, but I’m physically unprepared. I’m 5’4 and I weigh between 124-126 pounds. Stomach is big… arm is flabby… legs are the only things I’m fine with. Of course that does not mean I’m proud of my flat butt! Can I send you a picture of myself in order for you to help me with my next step please? It would really mean a lot…. thank you so much.

• Rachael Attard says:

Hi lovely,

Unfortunately, I am receiving so many messages that I just can’t get to everybody anymore. I’ve tried to provide as much free information on my blog as I can. I hope you understand :)

I do answer everyone’s questions in the Lean Legs Training Club and spend all of my time here. Here’s the link if you’re interested xx

• Aliya says:

Hi Rachael , if I spread out the 3 lean legs workouts over the course of the week and run everyday for about 30 mins, do you think I’ll see a change in my thighs? And do these workouts help get leaner legs for a mesomorph body type?
    Thank you! X

• Rachael Attard says:

Hi lovely, I would walk everyday instead of run. And yes this will help for the mesomorph body type :) Good luck! xx

• Jackie says:

Hi. I’m curious about these exercises. The still images make it hard to follow. If I buy the ebook will it be clear how to do them? And will I need gliders and weights?

• Rachael Attard says:

Hi lovely, the still images in the eBook are better and are more demonstration. And it also has demonstration workout videos for each exercise and workout :) I use gliding discs and ankle weights in the eBook but you can do the workouts without xx

• Aliya says:

Hi Rachael! If I spread out the 3 day lean legs workout you have put up over the week and alternate between the 10 minute at home workout and the full body calorie burning circuit doing one of them every day, would this instead build up my thighs and glutes? I find that when I do donkey kicks my glutes build when what I’m aiming for is to get them smaller and toned! Thanks so much!

• Brandi says:

Hi Rachael! I’m 5’2 about 110lbs, I’m so confused about my body type. I’m muscular from my waist up (six pack included) and muscular, fat and cellulite from my hips down to my ankles….weird. I am a super busy stay at home mom with only 30 minutes 5 days a week to spare for exercise…what should I do?
    Thanks!

• Rachael Attard says:

Hi lovely, it sounds like you are between the endomorph and mesomorph body types. So I would follow my endomorph guidelines :) xx

• Tracey says:

Hi Rachael thank you for sharing. I have a quite sedentary lifestyle where I sit most of the day in my office. I do try to walk whenever I can like walking home, walking to train station, upstairs and downstairs etc… I do have time to exercise in the morning but after that all I mostly do is to sit. I wonder if it would affect my progress if I follow your plan. I’m just too concerned since I don’t want to waste my energy if it would not eventually lead to success due to my unavoidable lifestyle.

• Rachael Attard says:

Hi lovely, no I think it would be fine! Most people have sedentary jobs where they sit at a desk all day. And I have really designed it for people who have the same lifestyle :) xx