This is the type of lighter resistance training that I recommend to get toned without getting bulky. These are the type of exercises in my 3 Steps to Lean Legs program.
WATCH THE LEAN LEGS WORKOUT DAY 3 VIDEO
HOW TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT
- Complete each exercise in circuit 1 three times (so you do exercises 1, 2 and 3 straight after each other – not exercise 1 three times).
- Once you have completed the 3 exercises, rest for 30 seconds.
- You should do 3 rounds in total.
- Complete circuit 2 in the exact same way.
1. SINGLE LEG SIDE + FORWARD LUNGE ON GLIDING DISCS
This one is great for your glutes, inner thighs and hamstrings (muscle on the back of your leg). It will help you get lean legs and perky butt without bulking.
If you don’t have gliding discs you can use small towels or paper plates. I’ll put the link to the gliding discs that I use below.
2. WALK OUT + PUSH UP
This is a great full body workout for a lean and toned body. It will help you strengthen your upper body and core but without adding bulk.
If this one is too difficult, you can do push-ups on your knees. :)
3. HALF TUCKS + PIKE
This is a great full body workout but it is a bit challenging. If it’s too difficult you can do 30 seconds.
Again I’ll put the link to the gliding discs I use down the bottom.
1. LYING LEF LIFTS – 4 side + 4 front
This workout is great for your butt and hips! You can use ankle weights to add a bit more resistance if you want to.
2. PLANK WALKS (using gliding discs).
This is an amazing upper body and core workout. But if it’s too challenging and you can’t do a full 45 seconds, that’s OK. Try to do it for 30 seconds. :)
3. BICYCLE CRUNCHES – 10 slow + 10 fast
Regular crunches are great for your abs but this exercise will work both your abs and your obliques!
This is the type of resistance training that is in my 3 Steps to Lean Legs Program. It will help you get toned without adding bulk. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask below! xx
Here are the ankle weights and gliding discs that I use: ankle weights, gliding discs.
Good luck! Xx