One of the keys to leading a healthy lifestyle is having healthy food available. Stock your fridge (and pantry) full of the good stuff! Keep junk food out of there – out of sight, out of mind.
Here are some fridge staples that you should always have on hand.
- Milk (or a dairy free milk – my favourite is almond milk)
- Yoghurt (or a dairy free version – my favourite is Black Swann Lactose free greek yoghurt)
- Broccoli and other green vegetables
- Sweet potato
- Lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Tamari sauce
- Protein – beef, chicken, turkey, salmon, or other fish
Get Rid Of
If you have any of these things in your fridge, I want you to get rid of them now!
- Any drink except for water, milk, or no added sugar fruit juice or coconut water
- Fatty or processed meats like salami and other deli meats
- Chocolate sauce / topping, cool whip, custard, etc
- Creamy salad dressings
If you keep good food in your fridge, you are much more likely to eat good food. If you have bad food in your fridge and it is constantly available to you and there in your face when you open the door, you are more likely to eat bad food. Give yourself the best possible chance at succeeding by getting doing this fridge makeover. And make sure you clean out your fridge once per week to get rid of any old or rotten food!