Everyone loves a good banana bread, but most of them contain loads of sugar and fat. This is a healthy banana bread that I made with my foodie sister @cookerybykasey
- 4 ripe bananas (or 3 large bananas)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Paleo Hero muesli (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a 8X8 inch (or similar size) loaf pan with non stick paper.
- In a bowl, combine bananas, honey, vanilla, nut butter, coconut oil and mix well with a hand held blender.
- Add in coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in cacao nibs (optional).
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth down.
- Top with Paleo Hero muesli (optional).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
If you want to know how to fit treats like this into a balanced nutrition program, have a look and my eBooks! It has a step-by-step 8 week clean eating program (no 2 days are the same) and includes healthy treats like this xx