Healthy Choc Chip Cookies
Let’s face it, healthy choc chip cookies never turn out as good as the real deal. But these are probably the best healthy version that I’ve made! And it was super simple. Here’s the recipe.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup organic coconut milk chocolate, chopped (I bought mine from the Source Bulk Foods)
- Preheat oven to 175C / 350F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Mix in the wet ingredients (it will be dough like).
- Stir through chocolate chunks.
- Place one tablespoons of mixture onto a lined baking tray and flatten into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from tray.
Makes 16-18 small cookies.
If you want to know how to fit healthy treats like this into a balanced nutrition program, read about my eBooks here xx