I based this healthy chocolate cake recipe on one from Teresa Cutter. It was so moist and yum! I didn’t wait long enough for the cake to cool before adding the icing because I’m impatient, so the icing ran everywhere. But it still tasted good! :)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 eggs (or egg substitute if vegan)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup honey or maple
- 5 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar (or sweetener)
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F).
- Combine dry cake ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well with a hand held blender.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients in a bowl. Wait for cake to cool completely before icing.
If you want to know how to fit treats like this into a balanced nutrition program, have a look and my eBooks! It has a step-by-step 8 week clean eating program (no 2 days are the same) and includes healthy treats like this xx