Healthy Chocolate Cookie Cake
This healthy chocolate cake was to die for! It was very dense and chocolatey, which I loved :) I based this recipe on one I found on Satisfying Eats blog. OK here’s the recipe!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or alternative sweetener)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp almond milk (or water)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Handful caco nibs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C / 360F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well with a hand held blender. The batter will be thick.
- Press into a round (and lined) baking tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (be careful not to overcook – it will feel soft when you remove it but will harden up a bit when cooled).
- When cooled, I drizzled mine with a chocolate sauce, which I made from 3 tbsp almond milk, 1 tbsp cacao powder and 1 tbsp honey. I also added some crushed cashews and cacao nibs! YUM :)
If you want to know how to fit treats like this into a balanced nutrition program, have a look and my eBooks! It has a step-by-step 8 week clean eating program (no 2 days are the same) and includes healthy treats like this xx