I love making my own healthy homemade protein bars – they taste SO much better than the processed kind and are much healthier for you. These are chocolate peanut butter flavour cuz why would you want anything else! ;)
- 2 cups almond meal / gluten free oat flour
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (can use vegan)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons PB2 powder (can omit from recipe)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp honey or sweetener
- ¼ cup dark choc chips
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
Note: you could make a healthier chocolate topping with cacao powder, coconut oil and a sweetener, but I was feeling naughty :)
- Blend up all the base ingredients (except choc chips) in a food processor, or you could use a hand blender. If you don’t have oat flour, just blend 2 cups of oats in the blender and it will turn into oat flour :)
- Stir through choc chips.
- Press into the base of a lined caked tin.
- Melt choc chips and coconut oil in microwave for approximately 1 minute.
- Stir thoroughly and then pour over base.
- Place in freezer to set for 2 hours.
I hope you enjoy them! xx
If you want to know how to fit treats like this into a balanced nutrition program, have a look and my eBooks! It has a step-by-step 8 week nutrition plan (no 2 days are the same) and includes healthy treats like this.
how many calories is the whole thing and how many calories is one bar? I cant find your nutrition label(if there is one)?:)
It depends on the type of ingredients or amount that you’ll be using but you can go to this link to make your own calculations. :)
Hey I’m just about to make these ! I was wandering do I keep them in the fridge after freezing ? Xx
If you plan to eat them later then you can leave them in the fridge for a while. :) If you need more help or tips, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
I just made it and looks and smells amazing! I am freezing now. How many bars does this recipe make?
I’m so glad you liked the recipe! You can cut the whole piece into as many bars as you like. Rachael cut this one into 8. xx