I love making my own healthy homemade protein bars – they taste SO much better than the processed kind and are much healthier for you. These are chocolate peanut butter flavour cuz why would you want anything else! ;)
- 2 cups almond meal / gluten free oat flour
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (can use vegan)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons PB2 powder (can omit from recipe)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp honey or sweetener
- ¼ cup dark choc chips
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
Note: you could make a healthier chocolate topping with cacao powder, coconut oil and a sweetener, but I was feeling naughty :)
- Blend up all the base ingredients (except choc chips) in a food processor, or you could use a hand blender. If you don’t have oat flour, just blend 2 cups of oats in the blender and it will turn into oat flour :)
- Stir through choc chips.
- Press into the base of a lined caked tin.
- Melt choc chips and coconut oil in microwave for approximately 1 minute.
- Stir thoroughly and then pour over base.
- Place in freezer to set for 2 hours.
I hope you enjoy them! xx
If you want to know how to fit treats like this into a balanced nutrition program, have a look and my eBooks! It has a step-by-step 8 week nutrition plan (no 2 days are the same) and includes healthy treats like this.