Healthy Mars Bar Slice
This healthy mars bar slice is to die for! Literally one of my favourite recipes :) I hope you enjoy it xx
- 1 cup almonds
- 14 fresh medjool dates
- 1 scoop Shape Health protein superfood (can omit – if not using, you will not need to add water)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 can coconut cream
- 8 fresh medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup (or sweetener)
- Blend almonds in a food processor and add remaining ingredients (besides water) and blend well.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time until it starts to stick together. You want it to be sticky but still a little crumbly.
- Press into the base of a pan and put in the freezer
- Heat all filling ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat (this make take up to 20 minutes), stirring continuously. When all the dates have melted and it starts thickening, this is when it is ready.
- Allow to cool and then pour over the base. Put in freezer for 1 hour.
- Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the slice.
- Allow to set in the freezer for at least 3 hours before cutting.
- Store in the freezer and remove 5-10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 slices.
If you liked this one, you may also like my acai bowl cheesecake recipe and for more recipes you can follow me on Instagram :)
I also have a 7 day slim down meal plan (with recipes included!), which you can download for free :)