This was honestly one of my favourite ever creations! It is so good. Try it – you won’t regret it. OK here is the recipe for this amazing healthy salted caramel popcorn slice. Gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
- 75g dairy free butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cashew (or other nut) butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup organic popcorn
- Cacao nibs
- 8 squares of organic coconut milk dark chocolate (which I bought here)
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Add remaining base ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Press into the base of a lined cake tin (rectangular).
- Bake at 180C / 350F for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and pour over base.
- Top with extra popcorn, cacao nibs and melted chocolate (which I just melted in the microwave for 30 seconds).
Makes 12 squares.
Download my 7 day slim down meal plan for free on my homepage :) xx
what could be a replacement for cup cashew (or other nut) butter
Hi lovely, hmm to tell you the truth, I actually don’t know! Perhaps you could try a seed butter like pumpkin seed or tahini! xx