This workout will help tone up your hip, butt and thigh areas without increasing the size of your legs. I have also posted another workout like this so have a look at that one too :)
This workout doesn’t include exercises like squats, lunges or deadlifts. Those are great, don’t get me wrong, but they make my thighs bigger.
I prefer a leaner look so when I lower body workouts, I avoid workouts that target my quads.
If having lean legs and perky butt is one of your fitness goals, you’ll love this workout!
Enjoy and let me know if you try it :)
WATCH THE WORKOUT VIDEO HERE
HOW TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT
- Do all of these exercises on one leg and then change to the other leg.
- Complete each exercise for 45 seconds. 45 seconds is just a rough guide so you can do more or less, depending on your fitness level. I once did a workout like this at a gym in the US and we did them for 90 seconds so you can go as long as that if you can!
- Try to keep rest to a minimum. Complete 3 rounds in total.
- Don’t forget that the exercises are supposed to be slow and controlled. So focus on this, rather than trying to do them as fast as you can.
1. KNEE TO ELBOW DONKEY KICK
2. STANDING SEMI CIRCLES
Hand weights are optional.
3. STANDING DONKEY KICK PULSES
4. DONKEY KICK SEMI CIRCLES
5. HIP BRIDGE + LEG EXTENSION
If you have any workout requests, please comment below! And let me know if you try this workout :)
I should also mention my 3 Steps To Lean Legs Program which is designed to help you get lean and toned legs.
So if you like this style of training that gives you a toned look without making you bulky, my program might be perfect for you :)
How many times in a week do you recommend doing these exercises?
I would recommend these circuits 3 times per week xx
Can you please advise what protein powder you use.
Hi Cath, it depends on where I am in the world. In Australia, my favourite one is Cyborg (I just use vanilla whey). And when I’m travelling, I just find the best protein powder I can. I wrote a blog post on how to choose a protein powder and what to look for, so have a read of that! xx