Dropping body fat in one week CAN be done, but it takes hard work. I can give you all the information you need, but it really is easier said than done. You need to give it 100% – if you don’t, you will not get the results. This is exactly what you need to know to drop body fat.
1. YOUR NUTRITION MUST BE ON POINT
This pretty much says it all, and is the most important factor out of all of them. You CAN’T get results without good nutrition.
You must be eating the right amount and the right type of food to get the best results. I know this can be hard, so I have written blog posts on how to calculate your daily calorie intake. I have also put up my own daily diet so you can get an idea of what you should be eating on a daily basis.
It is very time consuming to count calories and can get very frustrating. My best advice would be to count calories for one week to educate yourself on how much food you should be eating and then eat intuitively after this. Download the free app myfitnesspal which will make the calorie counting a lot easier.
2. EXERCISE HARD BUT SMART
If you want results, you need to put in the hard work. Light exercise 3-4 times per week just isn’t going to cut it. Generally I would recommend the following:
- 2-3 high intensity cardio only days. This doesn’t mean power walking. While power walking is great, it doesn’t burn as many calories as a high intensity workout session. And to get results quick, you want to maximise calories burned. Do something that really gets your heart rate up such as running or a high intensity gym class.
- 3 days of resistance training.
- 1 rest day. Don’t forget about the rest day, it is just as important!
And if you really want to get the best possible results I would suggest you to find out your body type which leads me to y next point.
3. LEARN YOUR BODY TYPE
There are three different body types and they all lose weight and fat differently. So learning your body type is extremely important.
Someone who is naturally quite thin needs to eat and train differently from someone who naturally has a bigger body frame. But when you know this and when you put a little extra effort everything is possible :)
3. GO THAT LITTLE BIT EXTRA
These extra tips may not seem that important, but they ARE! If you get your nutrition and exercise right, you will make a great difference. But if you can get these right as well, you will go further.
- Cut out all processed food
- Cut out all alcohol
- Drink at least 2-3L of water per day
- Get 8 hours of quality sleep per night
- Allow yourself some time every day to de-stress and don’t be constantly busy. Stress plays a major factor in fat storage due to the hormone cortisol, so keeping stress levels down is a must!
If you can stick to this 100% for one week, it is impossible not to get results. And if you can stick to this consistently for 8 weeks, your body is not going to know what hit it! ;)
I should also mention my 3 Steps to Lean Legs Program. I designed it for women who want to get lean and toned without the bulkiness. There are three different versions of the program, one for each body type. I want you guys to get the best results and I know that we’re all different so we cannot eat and train in the same way :)
My program combines cardio and lighter resistance training and it also has a complete 8-week meal plan so you can be sure your eating healthy and according to your body type.
Hope you like it!
Love Rachael xx