Array

Most people set one or two New Year’s resolutions that they will try to stick to that year. I don’t know of many people who actually succeed, or even remember what their resolution was when the end of the year comes.

Take this as an opportunity to review your goals for the coming year, rather than just making 1 or 2 resolutions. Goal setting works! It provides you with clear direction and enthusiasm.

A Harvard Business study found that:

  • 84% of the population do not have goals
  • 13% had goals in their head
  • 3% had their goals written down

The 3% of people who had goals written down were 10 times more successful than the other 97% put together. There is a much higher chance that you will be successful if you have written down your goals.

This is what you need to do today. Not tomorrow, or later this week, do it now. It won’t take long.

1. Set goals for each aspect of your life

The main aspects that I write goals for include relationship, physical, business and financial. These are my main focuses for the coming year but you can also include things like social, mental, lifestyle, travel, etc. Choose what is important to you right now.

Set 1-2 realistic and measurable goals for each of those aspects. They need to be measurable. You can’t just write “feel good about my body.” While that is a good goal, it needs to be measurable so you can track progress. For example, lose 5 kilograms, fit into a size 8, lose 5cm from my waist, etc.

how to get a flat stomach - endomorph guidelines

2. Write your goals down

I have actually written my goals down in the notes section on my phone. Everyone always has their phone on them so write them down on your phone if you need to, that way you can set these goals anywhere! You should also write them down on paper and store the paper somewhere that you will see regularly.

3. Set a plan of action

If one of your goals is to lose 5 kilograms, how are you going to achieve this? Set a plan! It might include: get a gym membership, find a training buddy, see a personal trainer, research nutrition, cut back on takeaway, etc. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen. But you must have a plan in place.

4. Check your goals regularly

Review your goals as regularly as you can. Do you know that the most successful business people in the world review their goals twice per day? TWICE! Now I don’t even do that, but I do review my goals weekly. Make it a part of your routine. Maybe every Sunday night before the start of a new week, you sit down and look at your goals to see how you are tracking.

5. Reward your successes

If you’ve achieved a goal, celebrate it! You’ve been working hard for it, so reward yourself. Celebrating your successes keeps you motivated to keep going and to achieve your other goals.

stress less

Now I know that majority of you who read this will not set goals. But if you do, you are setting yourself up for success and are putting yourself so far in front of everyone else. You’d be crazy not to!

“Successful people achieve their goals not because of who they are, but because of what they do”

Rachael is an Australian born certified personal trainer and nutritionist who holds a Bachelor degree in Science.

After struggling for years to find an exercise and diet program that is tailored to women striving for lean and toned body with no bulk she designed her Lean Legs Program. This program is tailored to each body type and focused on helping women get toned but feminine bodies, without getting bulky.

Her mission is to empower women and help them stay in shape in a healthy and balanced way.

2 Responses

  1. hi rachael
    I have 2 questions ;)
    I need to eat protien1 gram per 1 pound of my weight? I’ve misunderstood it to kilograms so that means i ate not enough

    If Idont have much time and I want to lose more body fat, I dont want to lose weight anymore , Can I only do resistance training, hiit and lifting As you recommended to do liis 3 times per week, but sometimes if I dont have enough time those stuffs would make it ?because Idont want to lose muscle percentage too

    Thanks so much

    1. Hi Paula,
      Yes you can still lose body fat but not “weight” by doing resistance and HIIT. Your diet is the most important :) You need to convert your weight from pounds to kgs for the calculations hun x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.