Cardio is a great workout for your lower body. But if you want to get lean and toned legs, you will also need to do correct resistance training. In this post I’ll show you a great lower body workout and all you need is a resistance band to do it.
Having a resistance band at hand means you can get an even harder workout in! I use a medium strength resistance band here.
RELATED POST: Why You Need Cardio For Lean Legs
How to Do the Circuit
- Complete each exercise for 30-45 seconds (try not to rest)
- Superset exercises 1 and 2, and then exercises 3 and 4. So you do exercises 1 and 2 both on the left leg and then on the right. And then do the same for exercises 3 and 4.
- Complete 3 rounds in total.
RELATED POST: How To Create Your Own Home Gym
Try This Lower Body Workout with Resistance Band
1. Lying Knee to Elbow with Resistance Band
2. Lying Leg Lift Pulse with Resistance Band
3. 90 Degree Taps with Resistance Band
4. Standing Kick Backs with Resistance Band
5. Glute Bridge Pulses with Resistance Band
This type of resistance band workout will help you achieve that lean and toned look without worrying about your muscles getting bulkier. And it’s even better since it can be done at home quickly. :)
If you’re interested in getting lean and toned, then you can check out the weekly workouts which I post on my Instagram or you can browse through the workout tag on my blog for some amazing exercises!
Love Rachael xx
Hey Rachael! I’ve just bought your G.A.L Program and i’m a total beginner. That’s why i don’t know which type of resistance bands i should buy. Do you have any recommendations (types, brand, sizes…) ? :)
Hey lovely! Rachael considers using body weight, resistance bands or ankle weights, and dumbbells less than 5kg “light” when it comes to exercising.
With this in mind, the exercises she suggests can be practiced using the listed above. :)
When it comes to resistance bands, you can always start with the light ones, and move to medium strength ones once you feel stronger. :)
I hope that helps. xx