This is an outer thigh exercise you can do at home!
I love using resistance bands for these type of exercises because they make it a bit more challenging. They may seem easy but you’ll definitely feel them working :)
Let me know if you try it out!
WATCH THE WORKOUT VIDEO
HOW TO COMPLETE THE OUTER THIGH EXERCISE
- Complete each exercise for 30-45 seconds without any rest.
- Do all exercises on one leg, before moving to the other.
- For the last exercise, take steps in one direction, and then repeat on the other leg.
- Complete 2-3 rounds.
1. CLAMSHELL WITH RESISTANCE BAND
2. LYING LEG KICKS WITH RESISTANCE BAND
3. BENT LEG SMALL CIRCLES WITH RESISTANCE BAND
4. REVERSE LEG LIFTS WITH RESISTANCE BAND
5. LYING LEG LIFT PULSES WITH RESISTANCE BAND
6. SIDE WALKS WITH RESISTANCE BAND
HOW TO SLIM OUTER THIGHS
A lot of women tend to naturally store fat in their hips and thigh. So it might be a bit harder to target those areas.
This workout will help you slim down your outer thighs but as I always like to remind you, you cannot really spot reduce fat. You need to do a combination of exercises (including cardio) and eat a healthy diet to get the best results!
You can do this workout on its own, or as a little circuit after your workout or cardio session. Or even better, do cardio after this resistance training session because this type of training uses up your glycogen stores.
This means your body will use more fat during your cardio workout (for more information on this, check out my previous blog post on cardio).
3 STEPS TO LEAN LEGS PROGRAM
If you would like a more specific workout and nutrition program to target fat loss on your legs and to build lean muscle without getting bulky, check out my 3 Steps To Lean Legs Program.
My program contains an 8-week workout and nutrition plan for each of the three body types.
Love Rachael xx