These strawberry banana muffins are an awesome healthy snack when you’re on the go! Make them in advance and keep them in the fridge (or freezer).
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or flour of choice)
- 2 scoops protein powder (or 1/2 cup of flour of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (except for strawberries) and blend well.
- Stir through chopped strawberries.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Makes about 12 muffins.
If you want to know how to fit treats like this into a balanced nutrition program, have a look and my 3 Steps to Lean Legs Program!
It has a step-by-step 8 week clean eating program (no 2 days are the same) and includes healthy treats like this.
And you can also choose a VEGAN version of my plan :)
I wonder how sweet they would be without the coconut sugar? Would the bananas and protein powder (with sweetener in it) be enough to make them still taste like a treat? I don’t mind if they’re not super sweet as I’ve cut most sugar out of my diet already. The recipe looks really good and looking forward to trying it.
Hi Clare, it’s definitely worth a go! If you have a really ripe bananas they can be enough to make it sweet (and depending on your protein powder, this can add sweetness too). Otherwise you always sub the coconut sugar for some dates :) xx