I’m sure you’ve heard it a lot – the best way to get rid of belly fat is through eating a healthy diet. Yes this is 100% true! Lots of people ask for the best exercises to get rid of fat on your lower belly, but no exercise (except for cardio) is going to do this. You need a good diet!
I bet you’ve also heard the saying “you don’t need to eat less, you just need to eat healthy.” Wellllll this isn’t necessarily true. Yes you need to eat healthy, but you may also need to eat less, depending on how much you currently eat.
It can be a big confusing world out there when it comes to nutrition so here’s a sample of what to eat to get rid of belly fat. This is a very low carbohydrate, high protein and high fat meal plan.
Here’s your sample daily diet:
- Breakfast = omelette made from 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, served with 90g smoked salmon and 2/5 avocado
- Snack = 1 scoop whey protein with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch = chicken stir fry with lots of vegetables (brown rice optional)
- Snack = 125g coconut yoghurt
- Dinner = burrito salad bowl made from beef, kidney beans, spinach, tomato, cheese and avocado (brown rice optional). Full recipe for this can be found in my free healthy recipe ebook.
No single meal plan will suit everyone. However there are two key points that you will need to know in order to get a flat stomach:
- You need to be eating the right amount of food; and
- You need to be eating healthy.
To work out your daily calorie intake, check out my previous blog post here. This should give you a good indication of how much you should be eating. Just for reference, the sample daily diet above (without the brown rice) is about 1720 calories. I have designed this meal plan to suit my own personal needs.
I have also written a blog post with clean eating guidelines to help you understand the types of food you should be eating. As a general rule, try to eat lots of lean protein and vegetables, cut out any refined and deep fried foods and avoid white carbs.
Don’t forget that you also need to be exercising regularly with a combination of both cardio and weights to maximise your results. HIIT training is also great for burning lots of calories!
If you have any questions about your diet, please feel free to leave a comment below and I will answer them for you xx